There is no better feeling then to be with the one who truly loves you for who you are. But early in every relationship it is difficult to know whether your partner is honest with you or he is trying to manipulate with you. This can happen to anyone out there so everyone should be really careful. And those toxic relationships cannot be avoided, if it is meant to happen to you it will happen, but it is up to you how you will handle that situation. People of any age, gender, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status can be in controlling relationships, playing either role. And usually the ‘controlled’ ones in the relationship believe for themselves that they are the bad ones and that they are really lucky for having a partner like that (the one who controls). This can lead to serious emotional and even physical abuse but it is not a healthy situation. That is why if you notice some of the following signs in your partner, you shouldn’t be ignoring them!
1. Honest vs. cruel – The relationship should be build up with trust and honesty. For example if your man tells you that the jeans you are wearing at the moment are not for you and that you should change that will not indicate that he is a bad guy, this means that he is honest with you and he wants all the best for yourself. But if your partner starts insulting you about things that you like, about your style or your weight then that is not true love. This indicates that your partner is not respecting you.
2. Affectionate vs. clingy – Now many women think that if the guy is texting, calling and wanting to be with them 24/7 is always a good think. Yes it sounds awesome but constantly checking up on you and needing the reassurance of their place in your life is actually a more selfish sign that you might ever know. That means that he is more for himself because a man that is in love with you truly will show it physically and emotionally. A man that is clingy has emotional issues and he wants to be with you and to talk with you so just he feels needed and validated, meaning that is not for you.
3. Serious vs. interested – A man that truly loves you will make serious commitments and efforts and if they say that they will do something they will do it for you. But if your partner is only talking to you when it’s good for him then he is not truly in love with you.
4. Protective vs. possessive – Everyone should understand the line between having a protective lover and a possessive lover although it is really thick line. For example if you two are out in the club and your man puts his arm around your shoulders then that is a good sign, but if your partner starts fights if a man tries to talk to you and he will not let you go anywhere alone that means that he is possessive and he uses aggression to defend what in his possession.
5. Encouraging vs. controlling – You will know that your man truly loves you if he will encourage you to pursue new opportunities and experiences. And also a man that truly loves you will introduce you a lots of new things but he will never force you to do anything that you don’t like.