We can certainly say that baking soda is the cheapest remedy for your health worldwide. It have numerous benefits, it combats everything from colds to cancer, it is beneficial for oral health, deodorants and so on. If it’s one thing you want in your home pharmacy, its baking soda. Health benefits of baking soda(Sodium bicarbonate) include reduced risk and prevention of diarrhea, metabolic acidosis, acidity, peptic ulcer, and drug in-toxification.
It has anti-ich or antipruritic properties which help in maintaining healthy skin. It is effective home remedy in cold and flu and plaque removal. It is a good source of sodium – prevents hyperkalemia, bladder infection and kidney stones. In this article we are going to talk about baking soda uses that you haven’t heard before:
Old Wives’ Remedy
– On a used nail brush put some baking soda(Sodium bicarbonate) and scrub your nails to remove grime and nail fungus.
– After intense training you can mix water and baking soda(Sodium bicarbonate) and drink it in order to relieve your muscles.
– Mix a baking soda(Sodium bicarbonate) with water and make a gargle with it in order to have fresh breath.
– Also you can sprinkle some (Sodium bicarbonate) on your toothbrush and brush your teeth with it. This is the best home remedy for teeth whitening.
– Mix 3 tbs. (Sodium bicarbonate), 1 tbs. peppermint essential oil, 1 tbs. salt and warm water. Use this mixture to soak your hands and feet for 20 minutes, to relieve itching, soreness and odor.
– Mix of (Sodium bicarbonate) and water and apply it to canker sores and herpes. It will dry them out very fast.
-Use (Sodium bicarbonate) scrub to remove excess facial oil and dead skin cells on your face. You need to mix 1tbs. baking soda with 1 tsp. water and use it to gently scrub your face.
– You can use (Sodium bicarbonate) to relieve bee stings, insect bites, itching from poison ivy, oak, etc.
Home Remedies For Acid Reflux
Make a mixture of ½ tsp. baking soda and 2 tbs. of fresh lemon juice or organic apple cider vinegar. You should use a bigger cup to make this mixture, because it will fizz. Wait until the bubbling stops and then add 8 oz. water. You have to drink this remedy all at once. This mixture will neutralize the pH, it will help you relieve acid reflux and create and alkaline-forming environment in your body.
You can also use baking soda to relieve heartburn and GERD symptoms. All you have to do is mix ½ tsp. baking soda with 16 oz. water.
Other Baking Soda Home Remedies
Dr. Mark Sircus in his book, Sodium Bicarbonate, explains the findings of Dr. Simoncini, which are related with cancer overgrowth and explores alternative treatments with baking soda. Dr. Mark explains that if you wish to prevent systematic fungal infections and protect yourselves from diabetes and cancer, you should use a mixture of baking soda and molasses.
Mix (Sodium bicarbonate) and water and gargle with it. It will remove all the oral thrush.
For urinary tract infection drink 8 oz. water mixed with ½ tsp. baking soda, twice a day.
You can also use (Sodium bicarbonate) mixture with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to relieve a thrombosis.
Douche with a mixture of 1 tbs. (Sodium bicarbonate) mixed with warm water to kill Candida yeast and stop itching.
Pregnant or nursing women and children under the age of 5 should not use remedies with baking soda(Sodium bicarbonate).
(Sodium bicarbonate) is safe when it’s used as directed, but still can cause some undesired side effects, especially when it interacts with prescription medications. That’s why you have to consult your doctor before you start using these baking soda home remedies.
Another important thing you should know is that you can use (Sodium bicarbonate) after it’s been dissolved in liquid, never in its dry form. You should not use (Sodium bicarbonate) home remedies if you are on a low sodium diet, because it may deplete your body of essential vitamins and minerals. Also remember, don’t use (Sodium bicarbonate) remedies more than 14 days without consulting your doctor.